CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Oh...Happy Day!


I looove June 3rd! Good things happen on the third of June. I experienced for the first time the "starts of motherhood" on June 3rd when I went into labor with Lauren. My niece, Heather was born on June 3rd (Happy 20th Birthday!) My sister-in-law, Karen got engaged on this day. Twenty-four years ago on June 3rd, I went out on my first date with a guy named Brian Andrews, and three years later, that same wonderful man asked me to marry him...of course, on June 3rd! We have since celebrated many special "June 3rds" together. I always anticipate this day with excitement! I woke up this morning and my first thought was "Yeah! Its June 3rd!" Because I've seen God's kindness revealed in such wonderful ways, I seem to have a special connection to this day. However, I think the Lord gave me a thought to consider...This day is really no different or more special than any other day. Each day is a gift from God. His grace and mercy rush to meet me each of my days. It may not always come in the form of births, engagements, or finding my one true love, but it still comes; just as sweet, just as undeserved. The challenge-to approach each day with eager anticipation of seeing His hand in the ordinary as well as the extraordinary. Celebrate each day like it was "June 3rd!"


For this is the day the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Great post and according to Jan's blog, it looks like you had another special "June 3rd" :)