CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ready or not....Here Comes Summer!


School's Out...finally I always look forward to the summer months. No more homeschool! No more school projects and homework! No more carpool, packed lunches and clock watching! However, what that leaves is lots of free time together, which provides lots of opportunity for each of us to grow in grace. Last summer, I made a schedule that really helped us keep our days structured. I plan to do the same this year. I approach summer like I do a new year; fresh starts and goal setting. Here are my TOP 10 things I hope to accomplish with my family this summer...

10) Get on a daily chore schedule.
9) Have a Family Devotion every morning.
8) Decrease the # of hours kids spend watching/playing media.
7) Have the kids work together to paint our wooden playground.
6) Complete a new 500 pc. puzzel we received.
5) Have the kids come up with an idea for a community or neighborhood service project.
4) Have each of us read at least 1 book.
3) Enjoy a family vacation (just us)
2) Teach each of the kids something new.
1) Laugh alot and enjoy each other!

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12)

4 comments:

sarah said...

That is so great to have some structure to your summer- It is weird, the last couple days I have not really known what to do- we have just been relaxing and hanging out. But having some goals for the summer is a great idea!

Jenn said...

I love your picture and the intentional way you are approaching the summer, yet full of grace! Thanks for the idea, maybe I will come up with my own top ten list for the summer!!
Have fun today! Jenn

Sara said...

Love the picture. Thanks for sharing your lives with us fellow bloggers!! Your family is a shining emaple of the gospel..

Sara

carol prince said...

Show off! :-)