CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Makin' a Memory with Madison & Mom


Turning "10" in our house is pretty special. As I have done with both Lauren and Jordan when they turned ten, I took Madison away for the night for some special "mom & daughter" time. We stay overnight in a local hotel and spend about 24 hours celebrating becoming a young lady! One of the highlights of our time is they get to finally get their ears pierced. Madison did great, she was very brave. She also got a haircut that made her look very much like a young lady...ouch! I so enjoyed my time with her. It has always been a very special time with each of my girls. Their personalities are all so different, but it is fun to relate and choose activities that bless them. I now pass the "10-torch" on to Brian to make special memories with the boys. I know one thing, they won't be getting their ears pierced:)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Padgett Family said...

Hi, Maddie! I sure had fun talking to you to at church yesterday. I loved hearing about all the things you did with your mom for your special weekend. (I'll have to agree, she IS pretty fun!)

You are one of the most joyful 10-year-olds I know! What an example of the great hope that lies within you because of Jesus. We love you!

Sara said...

That is so special and definetly something worth copying!! I love the pictures..you both look very cute.

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about the weekend yesterday also! You two look so much alike in these silly pictures. I love it! Maddie looks older and T looks younger! :) How fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Maddie - looks like you had a great time with your Mom on your birthday. I'm glad you had fun!!

It was great to see you at the lake this summer...hope we can do it again soon!!

Love ya -

Cousin Marisa (and family)

Jenn said...

So special to see the fun memories your family is making together. Thanks for the ideas!

rhonniegirl said...

What fun! I only wish I had more girls to do it with! My time with Jo was the best ever thanks to your advice. Happy 10th Madison!
Love,
Rhonda

The Boerners said...

Looks like you two had such a good time! I love these 10-year-old "girly" birthday celebrations. And, Maddie, you look beautiful with your new pierced ears! May God bless your double-digit years!